The farmhouse at New Shipton, near Walmley, was built soon after Ralph and Katherine Floyer inherited the estate in 1715, and the Floyers continued in ownership until 1855. The new house, a three-storey double fronted Georgian brick farmhouse, was built on the site of the previous timber-framed medieval building. It faced East, with a chimney at each end flush with the gable; the main door, opening directly into one of the two main ground floor rooms was at the centre of the east front. Behind these rooms was a passageway and the staircase, the staircase lit by windows in the north gable positioned specially for the purpose. Both gables had a low parapet rising above the level of the roof; if it was originally a thatched roof, the gable may have been about as high as the top of the thatch. A date early in the 18th century is inferred from the mould-marks on the bricks.
At the end of the 18th century William Twamley, the miller at nearby New Hall Mill, lived at New Shipton with his family, as had his father before him. William set about improving the farm and its outbuildings. A range was built onto the Western side of the house to give a cellar, extra rooms on the ground floor and bedrooms above; it took up the full length of the house , but was only two storeys high with gables at right angles to the main range.
At the same time an extension to the south was built to house two large rooms, namely a kitchen and a brewhouse. At right angles to this range was a small square two-storey structure housing ovens on the ground floor with a granary over. The medieval barn was extended, and a new barn was built at the side of the house. All this building was a big investment for someone who was not the owner, but Twamley was prepared to pay £2,500 for a lease giving him tenure for 500 years, which would protect the investment he had made in all these improvements.
B.D.Webster of Penns acquired New Shipton in 1855, a curious twist since Penns had originally been part of the New Shipton property. Webster died suddenly in 1860 at the early age of 44, leaving his affairs entangled, but his partner James Horsfall eventually acquired the estate in 1864. New Shipton was purchased by Sir Alfred Owen of New Hall in 1948, when the Penns estate was sold, and so once again it formed part of the New Hall Estate. The farmhouse was completely rebuilt in 2005, retaining its outward appearance.